1. Otto T, Sicinski P. Cell cycle proteins as promising targets in cancer therapy. Nature Reviews Cancer. 2017; 17(2): 93-115.
2. Jazayeri SB, Saadat S, Ramezani R, Kaviani A. Incidence of primary breast cancer in Iran: Ten-year national cancer registry data report. Cancer epidemiology. 2015; 39(4): 519-27.
3. Enayatrad M, Amoori N, Salehiniya H. Epidemiology and trends in breast cancer mortality in Iran. Iranian journal of public health. 2015; 44(3): 430-431.
4. Nickels S, Truong T, Hein R, Stevens K, et al. Evidence of gene–environment interactions between common breast cancer susceptibility loci and established environmental risk factors. PLoS genetics. 2013; 9(3): e1003284.
5. Frederick CA, Williams LD, Ughetto G, Van der Marel GA, et al. Structural comparison of anticancer drug-DNA complexes: adriamycin and daunomycin. Biochemistry. 1990; 29(10): 2538-49.
6. Thorn CF, Oshiro C, Marsh S, Hernandez-Boussard T, et al. Doxorubicin pathways: pharmacodynamics and adverse effects. Pharmacogenetics and genomics. 2011; 21(7): 440.
7. Wilson T, Longley D, Johnston P. Chemoresistance in solid tumours. Annals of Oncology. 2006; 17(10): x315-x24.
8. Salgia R, Kulkarni P. The Genetic/Non-genetic Duality of Drug ‘Resistance’in Cancer. Trends in cancer. 2018; 4(2): 110-118.
9. Sun X-x, Yu Q. Intra-tumor heterogeneity of cancer cells and its implications for cancer treatment. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 2015; 36(10): 1219-27.
10. Zañudo JGT, Scaltriti M, Albert R. A network modeling approach to elucidate drug resistance mechanisms and predict combinatorial drug treatments in breast cancer. Cancer convergence. 2017; 1(1): 5.
11. Mansoori B, Mohammadi A, Davudian S, Shirjang S, et al. The different mechanisms of cancer drug resistance: A
brief review. Advanced pharmaceutical bulletin. 2017; 7(3): 339-348.
12. Fruman DA, Chiu H, Hopkins BD, Bagrodia S, et al. The PI3K pathway in human disease. Cell. 2017; 170(4): 605-35.
13. Pollak M. The insulin and insulin-like growth factor receptor family in neoplasia: an update. Nature Reviews Cancer. 2012; 12(3): 159-69.
14. Nepstad I, Reikvam H, Brenner AK, Bruserud Ø, et al. Resistance to the Antiproliferative In Vitro Effect of PI3K-Akt-mTOR Inhibition in Primary Human Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells Is Associated with Altered Cell Metabolism. International journal of molecular sciences. 2018; 19(2): E382.
15. Li H, Batth IS, Qu X, Xu L, et al. IGF-IR signaling in epithelial to mesenchymal transition and targeting IGF-IR therapy: overview and new insights. Molecular cancer. 2017; 16(1): 6.
16. Qin H, Liu L, Sun S, Zhang D, et al. The impact of PI3K inhibitors on breast cancer cell and its tumor microenvironment. PeerJ. 2018; 6: e5092.
17. Forest A, Amatulli M, Ludwig DL, Damoci CB, et al. Intrinsic resistance to cixutumumab is conferred by distinct isoforms of the insulin receptor. Molecular Cancer Research. 2015; 13(12): 1615-1626.
18. Ulanet DB, Ludwig DL, Kahn CR, Hanahan D. Insulin receptor functionally enhances multistage tumor progression and conveys intrinsic resistance to IGF-1R targeted therapy. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2010; 107(24): 10791-8.
19. Fatemi F DA, Honardoost M, Ebrahimi M, Hedayati M, et al. Mechanism of drug resistance in cancer. Research in Medicine. 2007; 1:7.
20. Bevan P. Insulin signalling. Journal of cell science. 2001; 114(8): 1429-30.
21. Boucher J, Kleinridders A, Kahn CR. Insulin receptor signaling in normal and insulin-resistant states. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in biology. 2014; 6(1): a009191.
22. Bowker SL, Majumdar SR, Veugelers P, Johnson JA. Increased cancer-related mortality for patients with type 2 diabetes who use sulfonylureas or insulin. Diabetes care. 2006; 29(2): 254-8.
23. Gooch JL, Van Den Berg CL, Yee D. Insulin‐like growth factor (IGF)‐I rescues breast cancer cells from chemotherapy‐induced cell death–proliferative and anti‐apoptotic effects. Breast cancer research and treatment. 1999; 56(1): 1-10.
24. Khandwala HM, McCutcheon IE, Flyvbjerg A, Friend KE. The effects of insulin-like growth factors on tumorigenesis and neoplastic growth. Endocrine reviews. 2000; 21(3): 215-44.
25. Warshamana-Greene GS, Litz J, Buchdunger E, García-Echeverría C, et al. The insulin-like growth factor-I receptor kinase inhibitor, NVP-ADW742, sensitizes small cell lung cancer cell lines to the effects of chemotherapy. Clinical Cancer Research. 2005; 11(4): 1563-71.
26. Lu Y, Zi X, Zhao Y, Mascarenhas D, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling and resistance to trastuzumab (Herceptin). Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2001; 93(24): 1852-7.