1. Wyszyńska E, Wiśniewska S, Krawczyk A, Mróz J, Korzeniewska E, Kinga W, editors. Electrotherapy – Therapy Possibilities Across the Ages and Today. 2019 Applications of Electromagnetics in Modern Engineering and Medicine (PTZE); 2019 9-12 June 2019.
2. Ai J, Kiasat-Dolatabadi A, Ebrahimi-Barough S, Ai A, et al. Polymeric scaffolds in neural tissue engineering: a review. Archives of Neuroscience. 2014;1(1):15-20.
3. Tavakol S, Mousavi SMM, Tavakol B, Hoveizi E, et al. Mechano-transduction signals derived from self-assembling peptide nanofibers containing long motif of laminin influence neurogenesis in in-vitro and in-vivo. Molecular neurobiology. 2017; 54(4): 2483-96.
4. Rezapour-Lactoee A, Yeganeh H, Ostad SN, Gharibi R, et al. Thermoresponsive polyurethane/siloxane membrane for wound dressing and cell sheet transplantation: in-vitro and in-vivo studies. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2016; 69: 804-14.
5. Tavakol S, Aligholi H, Gorji A, Eshaghabadi A, et al. Thermogel nanofiber induces human endometrial‐derived stromal cells to neural differentiation: in vitro and in vivo studies in rat. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. 2014; 102(12): 4590-7.
6. Mirzaei E, Ai J, Ebrahimi-Barough S, Verdi J, et al. The differentiation of human endometrial stem cells into neuron-like cells on electrospun PAN-derived carbon nanofibers with random and aligned topographies. Molecular neurobiology. 2016; 53(7): 4798-808.
7. McCaig, Colin D., et al. "Controlling cell behavior electrically: current views and future potential." Physiological reviews (2005).
8. Zahra Eivazizadeh AS, Mohammad Ali Shokrgozar. Biomaterials Engineering as Stem Cells’ Niche New Cellular and Molecular Biotechnology Journal. 2018;8(32): 9-30.
9. Hasanzadeh E, Ebrahimi‐Barough S, Mirzaei E, Azami M, et al. Preparation of fibrin gel scaffolds containing MWCNT/PU nanofibers for neural tissue engineering. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. 2019;107(4):802-14.
10. Mirzaei E, Ai J, Sorouri M, Ghanbari H, et al. Functionalization of PAN-based electrospun carbon nanofibers by acid oxidation: study of structural, electrical and mechanical properties. Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures. 2015;23(11):930-7.
11. Baheiraei N, Yeganeh H, Ai J, Gharibi R, et al. Synthesis, characterization and antioxidant activity of a novel electroactive and biodegradable polyurethane for cardiac tissue engineering application. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2014;44:24-37.
12. Ai J, Heidari KS, Ghorbani F, Ejazi F, et al. Fabrication of coated-collagen electrospun PHBV nanofiber film by plasma method and its cellular study. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2011; 2011: 1-8.
13. Ai J, Ebrahimi S, Khoshzaban A, Kashi TJ, et al. Tissue engineering using human mineralized bone xenograft and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells allograft in healing of tibial fracture of experimental rabbit model. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2012;14(2):96-103.
14. Ai J, Shahverdi AR, Barough SE, Kouchesfehani HM, et al. Derivation of adipocytes from human endometrial stem cells (EnSCs). Journal of reproduction & infertility. 2012;13(3):151.
15. Sengupta, Somoshree, and Vamsi K. Balla. A review on the use of magnetic fields and ultrasound for non-invasive cancer treatment. Journal of advanced research 14 (2018): 97-111.
16. Tandon B, Magaz A, Balint R, Blaker JJ, et al. Electroactive biomaterials: Vehicles for controlled delivery of therapeutic agents for drug delivery and tissue regeneration. Advanced drug delivery reviews. 2018;129:148-68.
17. Nuccitelli R. Application of pulsed electric fields to cancer therapy. Bioelectricity. 2019;1(1):30-4.
18. Wang P, Sun S, Ma H, Sun S, et al. Treating tumors with minimally invasive therapy: A review. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2020;108:110198.
19. Pless M, Weinberg U. Tumor treating fields: concept, evidence and future. Expert opinion on investigational drugs. 2011; 20(8): 1099-106.
20. Thrivikraman G, Boda SK, Basu B. Unraveling the mechanistic effects of electric field stimulation towards directing stem cell fate and function: A tissue engineering perspective. Biomaterials. 2018; 150: 60-86.
21. Imani M, Kazemi S, Saviz M, Farahmand L, et al. Morphological Changes Induced By Extremely Low‐Frequency Electric Fields. Bioelectromagnetics. 2019; 40(6): 375-390.
22. Solazzo M, O'Brien FJ, Nicolosi V, Monaghan MG. The rationale and emergence of electroconductive biomaterial scaffolds in cardiac tissue engineering. APL bioengineering. 2019; 3(4): 041501.
23. Kloth LC. Electrical stimulation technologies for wound healing. Advances in wound care. 2014; 3(2): 81-90.
24. Thakral G, LaFontaine J, Najafi B, Talal TK, Kim P, et al. Electrical stimulation to accelerate wound healing. Diabetic foot & ankle. 2013; 4(1): 22081.
25. Beugels J, Molin DG, Ophelders DR, Rutten T, et al. Electrical stimulation promotes the angiogenic potential of adipose-derived stem cells. Scientific reports. 2019; 9(1): 1-10.
26. Bhavsar MB, Leppik L, Oliveira KMC, Barker JH. Electrical stimulation–fracture treatment: new insights into the underlying mechanisms. Bioelectronics in Medicine. 2019; 2(1): 5-7.
27. Eischen-Loges M, Oliveira KM, Bhavsar MB, Barker JH, et al . Pretreating mesenchymal stem cells with electrical stimulation causes sustained long-lasting pro-osteogenic effects. PeerJ. 2018; 6: e4959.
28. Vaca-González JJ, Guevara JM, Moncayo MA, Castro-Abril H, et al. Biophysical stimuli: a review of electrical and mechanical stimulation in hyaline cartilage. Cartilage. 2019; 10(2): 157-72.
29. Zhu R, Sun Z, Li C, Ramakrishna S, et al. Electrical stimulation affects neural stem cell fate and function in vitro. Experimental neurology. 2019:112963.
30. Du J, Zhen G, Chen H, Zhang S, et al. Optimal electrical stimulation boosts stem cell therapy in nerve regeneration. Biomaterials. 2018;181:347-59.
31. Guo R, Zhang S, Xiao M, Qian F, et al. Accelerating bioelectric functional development of neural stem cells by graphene coupling: implications for neural interfacing with conductive materials. Biomaterials. 2016;106:193-204.
32. Tang M, Yan X, Tang Q, Guo R, et al. Potential Application of Electrical Stimulation in Stem Cell-Based Treatment against Hearing Loss. Neural plasticity. 2018; 2018: 1-6.
33. Nekouian S, Sojoodi M, Nadri S. Fabrication of conductive fibrous scaffold for photoreceptor differentiation of mesenchymal stem cell. Journal of cellular physiology. 2019; 234(9): 15800-15808.
34. Iberite F, Gerges I, Vannozzi L, Marino A, et al. Combined Effects of Electrical Stimulation and Protein Coatings on Myotube Formation in a Soft Porous Scaffold. Annals of biomedical engineering. 2019: 48(2): 734-746.
35. Kim H, Kim M-C, Asada HH. Extracellular matrix remodelling induced by alternating electrical and mechanical stimulations increases the contraction of engineered skeletal muscle tissues. Scientific reports. 2019; 9(1): 2732.
36. Ma R, Liang J, Huang W, Guo L, et al. Electrical stimulation enhances cardiac differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells for myocardial infarction therapy. Antioxidants & redox signaling. 2018; 28(5): 371-84.
37. Rorsman P, Ashcroft FM. Pancreatic beta-Cell Electrical Activity and Insulin Secretion: Of Mice and Men. Physiological reviews. 2018; 98(1): 117-214.
38. Kondo T, Sasaki K, Matsuyama R, Morino-Koga S, et al. Hyperthermia with mild electrical stimulation protects pancreatic β-cells from cell stresses and apoptosis. Diabetes. 2012; 61(4): 838-47.
39. Ouyang X, Li S, Tan Y, Lin L, et al. Intestinal electrical stimulation attenuates hyperglycemia and prevents loss of pancreatic beta cells in type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki rats. Nutrition & diabetes. 2019; 9(1): 4.
40. Hills A, Stebbing J. Electrotherapy: Enlightening modern medicine. The Lancet Oncology. 2014; 10(15): 1060-1.
41. Sequeira C, Cardoso D. Electrotherapy, a recent mode for anticancer treatment. Ciência & Tecnologia dos Materiais. 2014; 26(2): 126-30.
42. Beebe SJ. Bioelectrics in basic science and medicine: impact of electric fields on cellular structures and functions. Journal of Nanomedicine & Nanotechnology. 2013;4(2): 1-8.
43. Buchmann L, Mathys A. Perspective on Pulsed Electric Field Treatment in the Bio-based Industry. Frontiers in bioengineering and biotechnology. 2019;7:265.
44. Beebe SJ, Fox P, Rec L, Somers K, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric field (nsPEF) effects on cells and tissues: apoptosis induction and tumor growth inhibition. IEEE Transactions on plasma science. 2002; 30(1): 286-92.
45. Beebe SJ. Mechanisms of Nanosecond Pulsed Electric Field (NsPEF)-induced cell death in cells and tumors. Journal of Nanomedicine Research. 2015; 2(1): 1-5.
46. Chen R, Chen X, Beebe SJ. Nanosecond pulsed electric field (nsPEF) ablation as an alternative or adjunct to surgery for treatment of cancer. Surgery: Current Research. 2013; 812: 1-9.
47. Yin S, Chen X, Xie H, Zhou L, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric field (nsPEF) enhance cytotoxicity of cisplatin to hepatocellular cells by microdomain disruption on plasma membrane. Experimental cell research. 2016; 346(2): 233-40.
48. Paganin-Gioanni A, Rols M-P, Teissié J, Golzio M. Cyclin B1 knockdown mediated by clinically approved pulsed electric fields siRNA delivery induces tumor regression in murine melanoma. International journal of pharmaceutics. 2020;573:118732.
49. Kulbacka J. Nanosecond pulsed electric fields (nsPEFs) impact and enhanced Photofrin II® delivery in photodynamic reaction in cancer and normal cells. Photodiagnosis and photodynamic therapy. 2015; 12(4): 621-9.
50. Koga T, Morotomi-Yano K, Sakugawa T, Saitoh H, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric fields induce extracellular release of chromosomal DNA and histone citrullination in neutrophil-differentiated HL-60 cells. Scientific reports. 2019; 9(1): 1-13.
51. Rossi A, Pakhomova O, Mollica PA, Casciola M, et al. Nanosecond Pulsed Electric Fields Induce Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Accompanied by Immunogenic Cell Death in Murine Models of Lymphoma and Colorectal Cancer. Cancers. 2019; 11(12): 2034.
52. Chen R, Sain NM, Harlow KT, Chen Y-J, et al. A protective effect after clearance of orthotopic rat hepatocellular carcinoma by nanosecond pulsed electric fields. European Journal of Cancer. 2014; 50(15): 2705-13.
53. Yin S, Chen X, Hu C, Zhang X, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric field (nsPEF) treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma: a novel locoregional ablation decreasing lung metastasis. Cancer Letters. 2014; 346(2): 285-91.
54. Wu S, Wang Y, Guo J, Chen Q, et al. Nanosecond pulsed electric fields as a novel drug free therapy for breast cancer: an in vivo study. Cancer letters. 2014; 343(2): 268-74.
55. Wu L, Yao C, Xiong Z, Zhang R, et al. The effects of a picosecond pulsed electric field on angiogenesis in the cervical cancer xenograft models. Gynecologic oncology. 2016; 141(1): 175-81.
56. Davies AM, Weinberg U, Palti Y. Tumor treating fields: a new frontier in cancer therapy. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2013; 1291(1): 86-95.
57. Wong ET. Alternating electric fields therapy in oncology: A practical guide to clinical applications of tumor treating fields: Springer; 2016.
58. Weinberg U. Novocure's Tumor Treating Fields: Innovative brain cancer therapy with survival and safety benefits. Nature. 2018; 561(7724): 1-4.
59. Silginer M, Weller M, Stupp R, Roth P. Biological activity of tumor-treating fields in preclinical glioma models. Cell death & disease. 2017; 8(4): e2753-e.
60. Wenger C, Miranda PC, Salvador R, Thielscher A, et al. A review on tumor-treating fields (TTFields): clinical implications inferred from computational modeling. IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering. 2018;11:195-207.
61. Mun EJ, Babiker HM, Weinberg U, Kirson ED, et al. Tumor-treating fields: a fourth modality in cancer treatment. Clinical Cancer Research. 2018; 24(2): 266-75.
62. Branter J, Basu S, Smith S. Tumour treating fields in a combinational therapeutic approach. Oncotarget. 2018; 9(93): 36631.
63. Bender E, Kozak K, Howard S, Hayes L, et al. The effect of Optune™ tumor treating fields transducer arrays on skin radiation dose during radiotherapy. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2017;42:172-5.
64. Kessler AF, Linsenmann T, Westermaier T, Wolber W, et al. Complete radiological response following subtotal resection in three glioblastoma patients under treatment with Tumor Treating Fields. Oncology Letters. 2020; 19(1): 557-61.
65. Ceresoli GL, Aerts JG, Dziadziuszko R, Ramlau R, et al. Tumour Treating Fields in combination with pemetrexed and cisplatin or carboplatin as first-line treatment for unresectable malignant pleural mesothelioma (STELLAR): a multicentre, single-arm phase 2 trial. The Lancet Oncology. 2019; 20(12): 1702-9.
66. Anthony P, McArdle S, McHugh M, editors. Tumor Treating Fields: Adjuvant Treatment for High-grade Gliomas. Seminars in oncology nursing; 2018; 34(5): 454-464.
67. Mehta M, Wen P, Nishikawa R, Reardon D, et al. Critical review of the addition of tumor treating fields (TTFields) to the existing standard of care for newly diagnosed glioblastoma patients. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology. 2017;111:60-5.
68. Ornelas AS, Porter AB, Sharma A, Knox MG, et al. What is the role of tumor-treating fields in newly diagnosed glioblastoma? The neurologist. 2019; 24(2): 71-3.
69. Pless M, Droege C, von Moos R, Salzberg M, et al. A phase I/II trial of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) therapy in combination with pemetrexed for advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Lung cancer. 2013; 81(3): 445-50.
70. Loh J, Gulati A. The use of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) in a major cancer center for the treatment of severe cancer-related pain and associated disability. Pain Medicine. 2015; 16(6): 1204-10.
71. Li W-h, Li D. Effect of electrical stimulation for chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with liver cancer. Medicine. 2019;98(16): e15255.
72. Yu T, Tang H-y, Wang T-s, Wei W. Effectiveness of electrical stimulation for postoperative pain in patients with osteosarcoma: A systematic review protocol of clinical controlled trial. Medicine. 2019; 98(32): e16783.
73. Dou P-H, Zhang D-F, Su C-H, Zhang X-L, et al. Electrical stimulation on adverse events caused by chemotherapy in patients with cervical cancer: A protocol for a systematic review of randomized controlled trial. Medicine. 2019;98(7): e14609.
74. Costa DR, Silva-Arone MMAd, Rubira CMF, Santos PSdS, Berretin-Felix G, editors. Immediate effect of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on deglutition after treatment of laryngeal cancer: a case report. CoDAS; SciELO Brasil. 2019; 31(3): 1-5.
75. Yennurajalingam S, Kang D-H, Hwu W-J, Padhye NS, et al. Cranial electrotherapy stimulation for the management of depression, anxiety, sleep disturbance, and pain in patients with advanced cancer: a preliminary study. Journal of pain and symptom management. 2018; 55(2): 198-206.
76. Yennu S, Kang DH, Hwu W-J, Padhye NS, et al. Cranial electrotherapy stimulation for the management of depression, anxiety, sleep disturbance, and pain in patients with advanced cancer: A preliminary study. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2017; 55(2): 198-206.
77. Paim ÉD, Berbert MCB, Zanella VG, Macagnan FE, editors. Electrical stimulation in the treatment of radiotherapy-induced hyposalivation. CoDAS; SciELO Brasil. 2019; 31(4):1-7.