- Lindvall O, Kokaia Z. Stem cells for the treatment of neurological disorders. Nature. 2006; 441: 1094–1096.
- Cuevas P, Carceller F, Dujovny M, Garcia-Gómez I, et al. Peripheral nerve regeneration by bone marrow stromal cells. Neurol Res. 2002; 24(7): 634–638.
- Hofstetter C, Schwartz E, Hess D, Widenfalk J, et al. Marrow stromal cells form guiding strands in the injured spinal cord and promote recovery. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002; 99(4): 2199–2204.
- Azizi F, Jalil HR, Moshtaghian SJ, Doostmohammadi A, et al. Neuronal differentiation of embryonal carcinoma stem cells in threedimensional culture system. Journal of Cell and Tissue (JCT). 2017; 7(3): 301-311.
- Rismanchi N, Floyd C, Berman R, Lyeth B. Cell death and long-term maintenance of neuron-like state after differentiation of rat bone marrow stromal cells: a comparison of protocols. Brain Res. 2003; 991: 46–55.
- Sanchez-Ramos J, Song S, Cardozo-Pelaez F, Hazzi C, et al. Adult bone marrow stromal cells differentiate into neural cells in vitro. Exp Neurol. 2000; 164(2): 247–256.
- Jahantigh F, Nanakar H, Ghorashi SMB. Fabrication and characterization of graphene foams and using it for electrical stimulation of human neural stem cells. Journal of Cell and Tissue (JCT). 2017; 7(3): 259-273.
- Barde YA. Trophic factors and neuronal survival. Neuron.1989; 2(6): 525–1534.
- Huang EJ, Reichardt LF. Neurotrophins: Roles in neuronal development and function. Annu Rev Neurosci. 2001; 24: 677–736.
10.Yaghoobi MM, Mowla SJ. Differential gene expression pattern of neurotrophins and their receptors during neuronal differentiation of rat bone marrow stromal cells. Neurosci Lett. 2006; 397(1-2):149-54.
11. Edalat H, Hajebrahimi Z, Movahedin M, Tavallaei M, et al. P75NTR suppression in rat bone marrow stromal stem cells significantly reduced their rate of apoptosis during neural differentiation. Neurosci Lett. 2011; 498(1):15-9.
12. Rea G, Cristofaro F, Pani G,Pascucci B, et al. Microgravity-driven remodeling of the proteome reveals insights into molecular mechanisms and signal networks involved in response to the space flight environment. J Proteomics. 2016; 137: 3-18.
13.Grimm D, Bauer J, Kossmehl P, Shakibaei M, et al. Simulated microgravity alters differentiation ad increases apoptosis in human follicular thyroid carcinoma cells. Faseb J. 2002; 16:604-614.
14.Claassen DE, Spooner BS. Impact of altered gravity on aspects of cell biology. Int Rev Cyt. 1994; 156: 301– 373.
15.Hammond TG, Lewis FC, Goodwin TJ, et al. Gene expression in space. Nat Med. 1999; 70(5): 359.
16. Unsworth BR, Lelkes PI. Growing tissues in microgravity. Nat Med. 1998; 4(8):901-907.
17.Chen J, Liu R, Yang Y, Li J, et al. The simulated microgravity enhances the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2011; 505(2):171-5.
18.Yuge L, Sasaki A, Kawahara Y, Wu SL, et al. Simulated microgravity maintains the undifferentiated state and enhances the neural repair potential of bone marrow stromal cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2010; 20(5): 893–900.
19.Zuk PA, Zhu M, Ashjian P, De Ugarte DA, Huang JI, Mizuno H, Alfonso ZC, Fraser JK, Benhaim P, Hedrick MH, 2002, Human adipose tissue is a source of multipotent stem cells. Mol Biol Cell. 13(12):4279–4295
20.Zarrinpour V, Hajebrahimi Z, Jafarinia M. Expression pattern of neurotrophins and their receptors during neuronal differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells in simulated microgravity condition. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2017; 20:178-186.
21.Hughes-Fulford M, Lewis ML. Effects of microgravity on osteoblast growth activation. Exp Cell Res. 1996; 224(1): 103– 109.
22.Moos- PJ, Fattaey HK, Johnson TC. Cell proliferation inhibition in reduced gravity. Exp Cell Res. 1994; 213: 458– 462.
23.Boonstra J. Growth factor-induced signal transduction in adherent mammalian cells is sensitive to gravity. Faseb J. 1999; 13: S35– S42.
24. Carmeliet G, Bouillon R. The effect of microgravity on morphology and gene expression of osteoblasts in vitro. Faseb J. 1999; 13: S129– S134.
25.Ibanez C, Fand Simi A. neurotrophin receptor signaling in nervous system injury and degeneration: paradox and opportunity. Trends Neurosci. 2012; 35(7): 431-440
26. Yan Q, Johnson EM Jr. An immunohistochemical study of the nerve growth factor receptor in developing rats. J Neurosci. 1988; 8(9):3481–3498.
- Friedman WJ, Olson L, Persson H. Temporal and spatial expression of NGF receptor mRNA during postnatal rat brain development analyzed by in situ hybridization. Dev Brain Res.1991; 63:43-51.
28.Ernfors P, Henschen A, Olson L, Persson H. Expression of nerve growth factor receptor mRNA is developmentally regulated and increased after axotomy in rat spinal cord motoneurons. Neuron. 19892; 2(6): 1605–1613
- Koliatsos VE, Crawford TO, Price DL. Axotomy induces nerve growth factor receptor immunoreactivity in spinal. Brain Res. 1991; 549(2): 297-304.
30.Domeniconi M, Zampieri N, Spencer T, et al. MAG induces regulated intramembrane proteolysis of the P75 neurotrophin receptor to inhibit neurite outgrowth. Neuron 2005; 46(6): 849-855.
31.Ahmed Z, Mazibrada G, Seabright RJ, et al. TACEinduced cleavage of NgR and P75NTR in dorsal root ganglion cultures disinhibits outgrowth and promotes branching of neuritis in the presence of inhibitory CNS myelin. FASEB J 2006; 20(11): 1939-1941.
32. Cosgaya JM, Chan JR, Shooter EM. The neurotrophin receptor P75NTR as a positive modulator of myelination. Science 2002; 298(5596): 1245-1248.
33.Chan JR, Jolicoeur C, Yamauchi J, et al. The polarity protein Par-3 directly interacts with P75NTR to regulate myelination. Science 2006; 314(5800): 832-836.
- Kaplan D. R, Stephens R. M. Neurotrophin signal transduction by the Trk receptor. J Neurobiol. 1994; 25(11):1404–1417.
35.Barbacid M. The Trk family of neurotrophin receptors. J Neurobiol. 1994; 25(11):1386–1403.
36.Hasegawa Y, Yamagishi S, Fujitani M, Yamashita T. P75 neurotrophin receptor signaling in the nervous system. Biotechnol Annu Rev. 2004; 10: 123–149.
37.Lee R, Kermani P, Teng KK, Hempstead BL. Regulation of cell survival bysecreted proneurotrophins Science. 2001; 294: 1945–1948.
38. Teng HK, Teng KK, Lee R, Wright S, et al. ProBDNF induces neuronal apoptosis via activation of a receptor complex of p75NTR and sortilin. J Neurosci. 2005; 25(22): 5455–5463.
39. Penaloza C, Orlanski S, Ye Y, Entezari-Zaher T, et al. Cell death in mammalian development. Curr Pharm. 2008; 4: 184–196.
40.Lobner D. Comparison of the LDH and MTT assays for quantifying cell death: validity for neuronal apoptosis?. J Neurosci Methods. 2000; 96(2): 147-152.
41. Chena J, Liub R, Yang Y. Zhang X, et al. The simulated microgravity enhances the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2011; 505(2): 171– 175.