- Mehrafarin A, Rezazadeh Sh, Naghdi Badi H, Noormohammadi Gh, et al. A Review on Biology. Cultivation and Biotechnology of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) as a Valuable Medicinal Plant and Multipurpose. J Medicinal plants. 2011; 10(37): 1-19.
- Fazli F, Hardman R. The spice, fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.): It conmmercial varieties of seed as a source of diosgenin. Tropical Sciences. 1968; 10: 66-78.
- Hardman R. Pharmaceutical products from plant steroids. Tropical Sciences. 1969; 11: 196 – 222.
- Mehrafarin A, Qaderi A, Rezazadeh Sh, Naghdi Badi H, et al. Bioengineering of Important Secondary Metabolites and Metabolic Pathways in Fenugreek (Trigonella foenumgraecu L.). J Medicinal plants. 2010; 9: 1 – 18.
- Johns E. Ueber die alkaloide des bockshornsamens. Ber Deut Chem Ges. 1885; 18: 2518 - 23.
- Zheng XQ, Nagai C, Ashihara H. Pyridine nucleotide cycle and trigonelline (Nmethylnicotinic acid) synthesis in developing leaves and fruits of Coffea arabica. Physiol Plant. 2004; 122: 401 - 11.
- Petropoulos, G. Fenugreek. The genus Trigonella. London and New York: Taylor and Francis; 2002.
- Radwan SS, Kokate CK. Production of higher levels of trigonelline by cell cultures of Trigonella foenum-graecum than by the differentiated plant. Planta. 1980; 147: 340 –4.
- Verpoorte R, Alfermann A. Metabolic Engineering of Plant Secondary metabolism. Plant Cell Tiss Org. 2002; 68: 211–212.
10. Zhao J, Davis L, Verpoorte R. Elicitor signal transduction leading to production of plant secondary metabolites. Biotechnol Advance. 2005; 23(4): 283–333.
11. Hayat Q, Hayat S, Irfan M, Ahmad Q .Effect of exogenous salicylic acid underchanging environment: A review. Environ Exp Bot. 2009; 68: 14-25.
12. Pu GB, Dong-Ming M, Chen JL, Ma LQ, et al. Salicylic acid activates artemisinin biosynthesis in Artemisia annua L. Plant Cell Rept. 2009; 28:1127–1135.
13. Kang S, Jung H, Bahk J, Yang J. Effects of methyl jasmonate and salicylic acid on the production of tropane alkaloids and the expression of PMT and H6H in adventitious root cultures of Scopolia parviflora. Plant Science. 2004; 166: 745-751.
14. Schützendübel A, Schwanz P, Teichmann T, Gross K, et al. Cadmium-Induced changes in antioxidative systems, hydrogen peroxide content, and differentiation in scots pine roots. Plant Physiol. 2001; 127: 887-898.
15. De Vos CH, Schat H. Increased resistance to copper-induced damage of the root plasma membrane in copper tolerant Silene cucubalus. Physiol Plantarum. 1991; 82: 523–528.
16. Velikova V, Yordanov I, Edreva A. Oxidative stress and some antioxidant systems in acid rain-treated been plants protective role of exogenous polyamines. Plant Science. 2000; 151: 59–66.
17. Singleton VL, Rossi JR. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungestic acid reagent. Am J Enol Viticult. 1965; 16: 144-58.
18. Rongjie Z, Li W, Longxing W. Determination of trigonelline in Trigonella foenum-graecum L. by hydrophilic interaction chromatography. chin j chromatogr. 2010; 4: 379-382.
19. Kang SM, Jung HY, KangYM, Yun DJ, et al. Effects of methyl jasmonate and salicylic acid on the production of tropane alkaloids and the expression of PMT and H6H in adventitious root cultures of Scopolia parviflora. Plant Science. 2004; 166: 745-751.
20. Kovacik J, Backor M, Strnad M, Repcak M. Salicylic acid-induced changes to growth and phenolic metabolism in Matricaria chamomilla plants. Plant Cell Rep. 2009; 28:135–143.
21. Iriti M, Faoro F. Chemical diversity and defence metabolism: How Plants Cope with pathogens and ozone pollution. Int Mol Sci. 2009; 10: 3371-3399.
22. Antoine L, Harfouche E, Rugini E, Mencarelli F, et al. Salicylic acid induces H2O2 production and endochitinase gene expression but not ethylene biosynthesis in Castanea sativa in vitro model system. J Plant Physiol. 2008; 165: 73465l .
23. Gao CJ, Xing D, Li LL, Zhang LR. Implication of reactive oxygen species and mitochondrial dysfunction in the early stages of plant programmed cell death induced by ultraviolet-C overexposure. Planta. 2008; 227: 755–767.
24. Yousefzadi M, Sharifi M, Behmanesh M, Moyano E, et al. Salicylic acid improves podophyllotoxin production in cell cultures of Linum album by increasing the expression of genes related with its biosynthesis. Biotechnol Lett. 2010; 32(11): 1739–1743.
25. Bais HP, Park SW, Weir TL, Callaway RM, et al. How plants communicate using the underground information superhighway. Trends in Plant Science. 2004; 9: 26–32.
26. Chen JY, Wen PF, Kong W, Pan QH, et al. Effect of salicylic acid on phenylpropanoids and phenylalanine ammonia-lyase in harvested grape berries. Postharvest Biol Tec. 2006; 40: 64–72.